Presh-ious Knitting

A little blog about knitting. Well... mostly whinning about how little time I have for knitting.

Friday, October 13, 2006

WIP Trifecta

NOTE: this post was posted long after it was written because I"m a dork and I write posts put don't post them.


I've been giving the Blue Swirl blanket lots of sun and regular feedings from my precious stash of Cotton Ease. She sits in a basket by the denim slip-covered couch. I've discovered that I don't have enough C.E. to make the blanket nearly as large as I wanted, so I'm going to give her a big white trim. Expected completion date: Thanksgiving?


I've been working on and have almost finished a baby blanket for my high school friend who is about to have her first child. I had begun the baby version of the moderne log cabin blanket from the Mason Dixon book, but my 5 year old niece said she wanted it, so I started a new one. I'm having a little trouble with the cast off edge, but the rest of the blanket only took me about 3 weeks to finish (or about 14 car rides to and from school). Seriously, a record. Pictures will come as soon as it's gifted

To wrap of the trifrecta of WIP, I have a blue purse knit in a yarn that I've been stashing for like two years. The pattern is from the first Stitch n' Bitch book by Debbie Stoller, called the Chinese Charm bag. Have to sew the lining and attach the handles and I'm all done! :) Plenty of yarn left over though, what should I do with it?? Scarf? Matching mittens? Hat?

Am I crazy, or is this cute?



I see it in an purplish-grey Cascade 220 tweed. What do ya think? Please leave a vote in the comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home