Presh-ious Knitting

A little blog about knitting. Well... mostly whinning about how little time I have for knitting.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Afghan

So tomorrow I'm heading off for a vacation destination unknown (well unknown to you at least) to decompress for a little while. I've been comissioned by my mom to knit an afghan for a dear friend whose house recently burned to the ground (like literally to the ground, there are no walls left). This is my vacation knitting project: a neutral color afghan knit in a LARGE gauge so that it might be completed in one week.



This is Artic from Berroco.com. The colors do need to be neutral, since we don't know how my mom's friend will decorate her new abode. The pattern calls for #13s, so I might get this done, right?? Anyone with me?



Here's a close up of the stitch pattern. Maybe you remember I knit this pattern into a scarf with some ice blue Cascade 220 wool. Once you get the hang of it, the pattern is super-duper easy but interesting enough to keep my mind occupied though EIGHT HOURS of car-riding.

See ya'll in a week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home