Presh-ious Knitting

A little blog about knitting. Well... mostly whinning about how little time I have for knitting.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Chic-koooo-ooon...

Here's the thing: I am home for the weekend and I forgot my Olympic knitting an hour away at school.

DUH! (smacks head aganist wall)

This is a dreadful setback, since I have already "trained" (aka bought yarn, read pattern over and swatched) for the Babette shurg. I'm not sure I can still make that deadline, now that I've basically lost three key days of knitting! So I have come to the conclusion that I must start something else, from the stash I have at home. So I've started something for this little cutie who you may remember from her debut back in September:



Pictured here in a log cabin blanket I made!


Hannah is sadly lacking in Auntie-Knits (her baby sweater has been sitting in my "to-sew-up" bag since her birth) so I'm going to downsize my sweater project and make her the placket neck sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. This book is such a treasure and I reccomend it for everyone! But of course, like any pattern book there are corrections, which can be found here.

I'm using some leftover Bernat Cotton Tots which I used to make her blanket, in strawberry, so she'll be all matchy-matchy! To make this all "a challenge" I'm knitting with my toes. Just kidding. I'm going to make a matching hat, in stripes like her blanket. It's about time this kid had some knits in her wardrobe!

So yeah, I'm a big fat chicken for giving up my first project, but seriously guys there's no way I'd get it done AND sleep everynight. I'll put up some pics when there's enough to show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home